Distinguished Chair in Quebec Studies at the State University of New York
US$25,000 for 4 months
September or January
Fulbright Canada Program Officer (Scholars)
This award is supported through a partnership agreement with the Ministère des Relations internationales et de la Francophonie in the Government of Quebec.
Support the advancement of Québec studies in the United States! Share Québecois Culture, expand knowledge about Québec among the academic community and opinion leaders in the United States.
Engage in collaborative research, deliver public lectures, give seminar presentations, participate in conferences and otherwise contribute to ongoing research activities in the United States. The chairholder will be housed at the Institute on Québec Studies, SUNY-Plattsburgh. This award is open to all researchers associated with a Québec university, government agency, or institute.
Research in all areas of Québec studies, including:
- Bilateral relations between Québec and the United States,
- The economy and bilateral trade between Québec and the United States,
- Security and Canada-U.S. Border issues,
- Environmental, energy, and natural resource issues,
- Québec’s international relations and public diplomacy,
- Québec’s cultural policies and its identity, and
- Other matters relating to the Québec government’s priorities (e.g. the Plan Nord)
Applicants are encouraged to identify their primary and alternate choices on the application. Formal letters of invitation should not be sought; however, applicants are encouraged to contact the institution to discuss research interests.