These Fulbright Awards provide approximately 50 teaching and/or research grants to U.S. faculty and experienced professionals in a wide variety of academic and professional fields.
- Grant lengths (vary in duration): applicants can propose projects for a period of 4,9 to 12 months.
- Dates of the awards should coincide with the academic year of the host institution.
Please see more details about each award.
- Deadline: 2017-18 competition closes August 1, 2016
Postdoctoral Research Awards support promising new scholars and assist them in establishing a research base at an important time in their research careers. Preferred candidates are recent PhD graduates undertaking original research, publishing research findings, developing and expanding personal research networks, and preparing for research-intensive careers within and beyond academia. Current awards are being offered for either an academic year, or a calendar year.
- Preventive Health, (Award 7470)
- Technology, Industry and the Environment, (Award 7471)
- Northern Issue, (Award 7472)
- Irish Studies (Award 7524)
Distinguished Visiting Research Chairs
- Fulbright Canada-Palix Foundation Distinguished Visiting Research Chairs in Brain Science, and Child and Family Health and Wellness (Award 7454)
Fulbright Canada Visiting Research Chairs are pre-arranged affiliations to host exceptional scholars who conduct research important to that university. Partner universities are excited to welcome the Fulbright Visiting Chairs into campus life and encourage them to engage with students and faculty, and the broader community. You can guest lecture at university courses, mentor students, lecture in public venues, network, and promote your research, while representing the Fulbright program, and your home and host institutions.
- Research Chairs in Arts and Humanities (Award 7456)
- Research Chairs in Business (Award 7457)
- Research Chairs in Economics (Award 7458)
- Research Chairs in Education (Award 7459)
- Research Chairs in Environment and Sustainability (Award 7460)
- Research Chairs in Food Safety and Food Security (Award 7461)
- Research Chairs in Globalization and Development (Award 7462)
- Research Chairs in Governance (Award 7463)
- Research Chairs in Health (Award 7464)
- Research Chairs in Indigenous Studies (Award 7455)
- Research Chairs in Legal Studies (Award 7465)
- Research Chairs in North American Studies (Award 7465)
- Research Chairs in Policy Studies (Award 7467)
- Research Chairs in Science (Award 7468)
- Research Chairs in Society and Culture (Award 7469)
Traditional All Disciplines Award are self-placed awards that may be held at any university, research centre, think tank, or government agency in Canada. This award allows scholars to conduct research, teach, or undertake a combination of these activities.
Other Award Opportunities are self-placed awards that may be held at any university, research centre, think tank, or government agency in Canada. This award allows scholars to conduct research, teach, or undertake a combination of these activities.