- Access to a prestigious worldwide network of Fulbright scholars.
- Access to world class universities and institutions.
- Grantees to Canada receive a fixed sum.
- Faculty sabbatical, leave-of-absence, or retirement pay may be used concurrently with Fulbright support.
- Postdoctoral Research Award: US$30,000 for one academic year( 9 months) or US$50,000 for a full calendar year (12 months)
- Distinguished Chair: US$35,000 for one semester (4 months).
- Visiting Research Chairs: US$25,000 for one semester (4 months).
- Traditional (All Disciplines) Award: US$12,500 for one semester (4 months) or US$25,000 for a full academic year (9 months).
- Fulbright Carlos-Rico Award for North American Studies: US$12,500 for one semester in Canada.
- Specialists Program: US$200 per day, plus international travel and local expenses.
- For All Disciplines Flex awards, the stipend is a fixed sum of $6,250 for each two month segment.
Other Award Allowances:
- Expenses relating to the Fall Orientation in Ottawa, Ontario. Orientation brings new U.S. Fulbrighters in Canada together for a program of professional and personal development. Local costs (accommodations, meals, activities) of Orientation are paid directly by Fulbright Canada.
- Up to C$1,000 for travel to a different city or region of Canada for a series of speaking engagements. Using the Visiting Scholars Speakers Program, you may present at professional conferences, offer formal presentations at other Canadian post-secondary institutions, and/or provide lectures or briefings to community groups.
Special Award Benefits:
- Up to C$4,000 for community-based environmental initiatives. The Fulbright Canada-RBC Eco-Leadership Program provides small grants to help complete a volunteer-based project that will make a significant positive environmental impact in your community.
- Up to C$8,000 to engage with local partners in any type of activity, event, or program that would have a beneficial impact on the community. The Fulbright Canada Community Leadership Program encourages teams of grantees and alumni to undertake community-based volunteer initiatives.
- All awards are subject to available funding, approval by the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB), and compliance with FSB guidelines.