The Fulbright Specialists Program is designed to provide U.S. and Canadian faculty and professionals with opportunities to collaborate on curriculum and faculty development, institutional planning and a variety of other activities.
Deadline: Awards are offered on a continuous basis
- Short-term grants of two to six weeks are available to provide leading U.S. scholars and professionals with opportunities to collaborate with their Canadian counterparts. During the course of their grant, Fulbright Specialists may engage in any of the following activities at their Canadian host institution:
- Conduct needs assessments, surveys, institutional or programmatic
- Take part in specialized academic programs and conferences
- Consult with administrators and instructors of post-secondary institutions on faculty development
- Present lectures at graduate and undergraduate levels
- Participate in or lead seminars or workshops at overseas academic institutions
- Develop and/or assess academic curricula or educational materials
- Conduct teacher-training programs at the tertiary level
Canadian institutions may request Fulbright Specialists in the following fields:
- American (U.S.) Studies
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Chemistry Education
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Engineering Education
- Environmental Science
- Library Science
- Math Education
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies
- Physics Education
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Public/Global Health
- Social Work
- Urban Planning
A roster of American faculty and professionals has been developed in order to respond effectively to requests from Canadian institutions for Fulbright Specialists.
How to Apply:
American scholars and professionals interested in joining the roster of Specialists are advised to contact the Council for International Exchange of Scholars for detailed program information.
Canadian academic institutions are required to submit their requests to The Canada-U.S. Fulbright Program. Requests for Fulbright Specialists will be accepted throughout the calendar year and will be forwarded to the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs for final approval.