Fulbright Canada is committed to recognizing the inherent dignity and worth of every person, and fully committed to the provision of equal rights and opportunities without discrimination of any kind. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, ancestry, color, ethnic origin, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, and/or handicap.
Please note that all applicants must meet the following basic requirements:
- be in compliance with all Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) guidelines;
- be in compliance with all governmental regulations regarding visas, immigration, travel and residence;
- be a citizen of either Canada or the United States;
permanent resident and/or landed immigrant status are not sufficient
- be in possession of the appropriate degree requirements; and,
- be able to demonstrate the appropriate language proficiency (where necessary).
Please note that applicants may not:
- hold permanent residency status in the prospective host country;
- currently reside in the prospective host country;
- have resided abroad for 5 or more consecutive years in the 6 years immediately preceding the date of application; and,
- in the case of Canadians, hold dual Canadian and American citizenship.
Please consult the eligibility requirements in specific award categories for additional requirements, as more specific regulations may obtain for some programs.
Eligibility requirements, especially those determined by national laws and policies, may change from time to time.
It is the responsibility of the prospective applicant to keep himself/herself informed with respect to such matters.